Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ambient Occlusion in Sculptris.

Thanks to Taron's little trick to simulate self shadowing on our sculptures in Sculptris, it is now possible to get those dark nostrils and ear ducts etc...with no hassel and no hardcore precision hand painting!

I was able to give it a test with my Alan Vert Sculpt, by using xNormal to bake an Ambient Occlusion map that I then composited over my painted texture map then imported the resulting "shadowed color map" back into sculptris. The result is self shadowing greatness! Something that I find absolutely essential when it comes to getting good looking visuals (I know these are bad examples).

These are native screen-shots/renders generated by Sculptris.

I still have a lot to learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Who I is...

My photo
Hey there! My name is Justin and welcome to my little blog-folio. Here's a display of some of my work. You can reach me at: djeust1 *at* hotmail . com